Asthma is a chronic condition affecting the airways(wind pipe& branches). It involves inflammation and narrowing inside the lungs, which restricts air supply.
A person with asthma may experience:
- tightness in the chest
- increased mucus production
An asthma attack occurs when the symptoms become severe. Attacks can begin suddenly and range from mild to life threatening.
In some cases, swelling in the airways can prevent oxygen from reaching the lungs. This means that oxygen cannot enter the bloodstream or reach vital organs. Therefore, people who experience severe symptoms need urgent medical attention.
Asthma can be triggered in people because of many reason such as, smoking , environment , stress , hormonal factor, most importantly lungs’ health and breathing pattern.
Yoga practice is one of the best routine that one must add to ones lifestyle to prevent any coming health issue as prevention is always better than cure , making sure that one remain away for any lung related issues specially asthma.
Here is the yoga routine one should follow:-
- Pranayama practice :- pranayama is in general known as breathing exercise that is best way to directly work with your lungs and breathing pattern.
One should start with abdominal breathing and slowly move towards a complete yogic breath where one practices the maximum capacity of lungs by breathing deep enough. Further one can add
kapalabhati ( forceful exhalation ) breathing that will help one train the lungs elasticity and breathing muscles , this is best practice to stimulate diaphragm as well.
Nadi shodhan pranayama with yogic breathing means performing alternative nostril breathing with deep slow and a full breath.
- Asana are best way to help you activate breathing muscles and strengthen them for a good and stress free breathing pattern.
Here are posture that can challange one to breath easy and will leave no choice than involving breathing muscle.
Ardha Matsyendrasana (Sitting Half Spinal Twist)
Pavanamuktasana (Wind Relieving Pose)
Setu Bandhasana (Bridge Pose)
Bhujangasana (Cobra Pose)
Adho Mukha Svanasana (Downward-Facing Dog Pose)
Poorvottanasana (Upward Plank Pose)
Shavasana (Corpse Pose)
- Yoga for beginners
- Yoga & The Vegetarian Debate
- Asanas for Knee Pain
- Gomukhasan (Cow face posture) : Its Benefits, Contraindications, Precautions
- Matsyasana or Fish pose : How to Do It, Benefits, Step by Step Instructions & Precautions
- Eagle Pose (Garudasana): Step by Step Instructions, Benefits, Contraindications and Cautions
- Chair Pose: Step by Step Instructions, Benefits, Contraindications and Cautions
- Yoga Asanas for Asthma
- Veerabhadrasana : How to do Warrior Pose, Benefits & Contraindications
- What is Ayurvedic Massage?
- What is Yogic Food?
- What is Vinyasa Flow Yoga?
- What is Ashtanga Yoga?
- What is Hatha Yoga?
- What is Multi-Style Yoga?