Gomukhasan is a Cow face posture which is basically a seated yoga posture in hatha yoga .
1- Sit on the mat with your straight back and legs should be extended .
2- Bend your right leg and place it under the left buttock and simultaneously your left knee should be placed Over the right knee .
3- Raise your left arm above your head and bend the elbow towards the back . The same time right arm should be kept behind the back and both the arms should be interlocked at the back .
4- Breathe normally and stay in the asana as long as you are comfortable.
5- while exhaling, come out of the Asana .
6- Same procedure should be done with the opposite leg and arm.
1- Your body has certain limits. Hence, you should not go beyond the limit as it might cause spinal injury .
2- People with overweight should not over strain the body beyond their limits .
1- It elongates the spine and softens the stiff shoulder muscles .
2- This posture brings the calmness and reduces the stress and anxiety.
3- Good for maintaining the blood pressure issue .
4- Good for Sciatica .
5- Bad posture can be corrected with this asana .
1- People having shoulder injury or shoulder pain should completely avoid this posture .
2- Avoid if you have Damaged muscles or ligaments issue .
3- Don’t do this posture of you are suffering from the bleeding piles as it might exaggerate the problem .
- Ustrasana – How to do it and its benefits
- Hanumanasana: How To Do It, Benefits And Precautions?
- Ayurveda: Its importance in the modern age
- Baddha Konasana (Butterfly Pose) : How To Do It, Benefits, Step By Step Instructions & Precautions
- Yoga for beginners
- Yoga & The Vegetarian Debate
- Asanas for Knee Pain
- Gomukhasan (Cow face posture) : Its Benefits, Contraindications, Precautions
- Matsyasana or Fish pose : How to Do It, Benefits, Step by Step Instructions & Precautions
- Eagle Pose (Garudasana): Step by Step Instructions, Benefits, Contraindications and Cautions
- Chair Pose: Step by Step Instructions, Benefits, Contraindications and Cautions
- Yoga Asanas for Asthma
- Veerabhadrasana : How to do Warrior Pose, Benefits & Contraindications
- What is Ayurvedic Massage?
- What is Yogic Food?
- What is Vinyasa Flow Yoga?
- What is Ashtanga Yoga?
- What is Hatha Yoga?
- What is Multi-Style Yoga?
- What is Yoga Asanas?
- What is Yoga Anatomy?
- How to Do Mandukasana, or Frog Posture?
- How to Do Vajrasana, Thunderbolt Pose, or Diamond Pose?
- How to Do Nadishodhan Pranayama?
- How to do Kapalabhati Pranayama?